Welcome to Shiba-Nunu

There is no real English word such as "Nunu", though privately, Nunu is a silly term of endearment my husband coined for our shiba inu, Mya, and all her shiba antics.

She is, then, our very own Shiba Nunu!

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Depriving Us of Sleep

Half-awake and half asleep, I hear Mya's footsteps in surround sound.  One moment they're coming from beside me, the next moment over from the other side of the room. In between, she would pause to do her shiba shake which is also effective in waking me up.  She is pacing back and forth, and then I feel her presence beside me.  With her paws up on the bed, she is staring at me and when I stir she gives me a huff.  It's still dark and I look at the clock- 3 a.m. What does she want at three in the morning?  Did she want to go potty? She has her doggie door so she can easily go out without waking me up. I try to go back to sleep but she decides that it's my husband's turn to be rudely awakened.  Just as I am starting to fall asleep again, dear husband wakes me up to tell me that the dog woke him up. This has been happening every day for a little over a week now.

Mya..Mya...Mya... you have started a cycle of sleep deprivation.  For the life of me, I can not think of any reason why she started doing this, apart from our new early morning walk-walk schedule, which is no earlier than 5:30 a.m. Maybe I have to teach her how to read time.

Mya, we're going back to our old schedule. We will stick with early evening walks.  Meanwhile... I need to catch up on sleep.


No comments:

Post a Comment