Welcome to Shiba-Nunu

There is no real English word such as "Nunu", though privately, Nunu is a silly term of endearment my husband coined for our shiba inu, Mya, and all her shiba antics.

She is, then, our very own Shiba Nunu!

Wednesday, October 06, 2010

Funny Girl's Love at First Sight

Mya knows when it's time to walk, and as soon as she hears "walk-walk", she goes nuts!  But what really makes her go nuts is when I take my time preparing- changing my clothes, getting her walking-bag, putting my shoes on, and finally getting the leash.  She starts to howl, telling me "what's the hold-up?"  But what  I find ironic is how her excitement upon seeing her leash actually delays the much awaited walk.  When she sees her leash, she starts to run and pick her toys out, then drinks water and can barely stay put to have her collar placed on her. Funny girl!

Embarrassing Nunu at Today's Walk

Have you seen a dog stare at a stranger before? Not an aggressive kind of stare but an overly-interested kind of stare that makes no sense at all?

When we were heading home and right about to cross an intersection next to a dog store, we reached a "stalemate".  Mya wanted to turn left towards the store, but we were headed straight.  Since I didn't want to pull her but neither did I want to give in, she sat down.  (She usually does this when she can't have it her way.) Right then, a car stopped in front of us and out came a "beautiful young couple".  They were tall and fair and looked almost like celebrities. Maybe they were but I don't know them.  I could tell that the people were looking. And lo and behold, even Mya was looking at them.  Wait... she was staring at the man.  Wait... she's actually crossing the road... to follow them.  And she's still staring at the man!  I was dumbfounded!  She actually went a little bit ahead of them to look at him some more.  At this point I was already weirded out and all I could say was "What's wrong with my dog??" And to this, they started laughing. I told Mya to stay and had the couple walk ahead.  I still don't understand what exactly happned, but again... funny girl, Mya!

No comments:

Post a Comment