Welcome to Shiba-Nunu

There is no real English word such as "Nunu", though privately, Nunu is a silly term of endearment my husband coined for our shiba inu, Mya, and all her shiba antics.

She is, then, our very own Shiba Nunu!

Friday, October 29, 2010

Re-united with the Little Giant Nunu

Today, I get to come home to Mya.

Bittersweet
Two days ago, while in Tokyo, I heard news that after having our house staff bring her to the vet to be examined and have her x-ray taken, it showed a large "mass" in her abdomen.  The vet suspects an enlarged kidney.  After examining further through ultrasound, it showed as something that is fluid-filled.  Oh boy, what can an enlarged, fluid-filled kidney actually mean?  Her Creatinin and BUN levels are normal though.  Had her scheduled for a CT Scan soonest, which is on Wednesday (5 days from now). 

So happy to see her and to have her around me again, but it's hard to be completely happy as I know that there's something in her little tummy that shouldn't be there.  Meanwhile, I have decided to suspend worrying, as she looks and behaves as normal as can be, and there's nothing I can do for now.

I'm Home Present
Walking up to our front door, I had my "coming home present" on hand.  I was expecting a hyper-active furkid to greet us. I was not disappointed as she did her usual "welcome home, where have you been, why were you gone so long dance". Then I gave her the present which she immediately worked on- shredded to pieces.  The present?

Starbucks recycled hot sleeve.

This time, it's special because it's from Japan. Yeah right! Shiba toys don't have to be expensive, if you don't mind it being for single use only - and if you don't mind sweeping up bits and pieces when she's done.

No comments:

Post a Comment